Celtics just lucky?

That's the conclusion of this SI writer/stat guy:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/statitudes/news/2003/03/24/statitudes_0324/
<http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/statitudes/news/2003/03/24/statitudes_0324
/>

The thing that isn't really taken into account is the historic losses---the
40- and 50-point losses--- the Celts have suffered this season. They skew
the point differential a little. Still, I think you can make a pretty good
case that this team has been both a) a little lucky in terms schedule and
opponents' injury and b) good, usually, at winning close games.

But I also think with some coaching changes, the team could exceed its
current level of play.

Anyway, makes for interesting reading.

Mark