Re: post Utah impressions

>They also correctly pointed out that the slow-footed but sneaky
>Stockton was able to burn Bremer often. I believe that was more because of
>>the funneling defensive strategy more than anything else....

  Not the point guard.  In the Celtics system the point guard is the only
player that is supposed to play his man straight up, not an area of the
court, and NOT allow penetration of any kind.
It's when the opposing teams point guard is allowed to penetrate that the
Celtics defense has to scramble.

Bremer has been having defensive problems for some time now.

I lost count of how many times we left a man open in the paint last night.
We were so concentrated on double teaming Malone.   The Jazz didn't take
advantage of that nearly as much as they could have.
We had some nice spurts where we really rotated well, but they were just
spurts and short ones at that.

We were ahead in that game because the officials were calling everything the
first 3 quarters.  Down the stretch they decided to call nothing and the
Celtics never adjusted.
76 free throws between the two teams.
For the poster who blamed our free throw shooting for the loss, we shot a
respectable 76% as a team.  That is actually above our season average and
it's above the 75% the Jazz shot last night.
I'd say the problem was we shot 39% from the floor (even worse down the
stretch) and the Jazz shot 47%.  Antoine didn't pick up an assist until the
final 6 minutes of the game.

I'll be in Anaheim for the NCAA Tournament this weekend, which means I'll
have to rely on my VCR for the next three games.
Cleveland is playing tough at home.  The Celtics better not take them
lightly.

TAM