Re: Shammond on Baker

Man, you do check under your bed at night and make sure Vin isn't under
there? The reason the Celtics are playing well right now has nothing to do
with Baker. In fact, they were doing better with him. PP for one benefited
greatly from his picks to free him up for open shots or a clean start for his
drives. But this really has to do with the style of play. Every team and
player will go through its ups and downs. The conventional strategy is you
get out of a slump by getting easy baskets, i.e. high percentage ones.
However, O'Bonehead's present offensive strategy doesn't provide for that. He
has no Plan B to break out of a slump other that keep shooting, preferrably
from three-point range.  Imagine if there strategy was to shoot from
half-court (Note Twan has been shooting deeper and deeper. He will eventually
get there) If the Cs fast break, they don't run the lanes and instead still
pull up for threes. This strategy just defies common logic . But who said
anything about logic being a part of this.....