Re: Not just another game

< The problem with the Cs is that Obie's offense doesn't allow for anything
that can get them some easy buckets to get off the snide. They don't break
and when they do or could, they pull up for threes. The offense if built
around three point shooting. They pick and roll poorly...> - Jessen

As the Herald's Mark Murphy wrote today,   "Take the trey away from the
Celtics or catch them cold beyond the arc, and they have serious trouble
making up the difference elsewhere on the floor."  The Celtics have shot
9-of-64  from downtown in their last three games.

What Murphy stopped short of stating is that this team needs a resident
Psychologist.  They are so damn psychologically driven -  all up/all down.
You can sense it from their body language even before tap-off.

Have you noticed our lack of energy and focus in games that have followed
painful defeats such as Tuesday's loss to N.J.?

Nov 15  Dallas      86-97
Nov 16  @ Milwaukee 85-104

Dec 16  @ Chicago   83-94
Dec 18  Miami       81-91

Dec 25  @ New Jersey    81-117
Dec 27  @ Miami     70-90

Jan 10  @ Dallas        78-103
Jan 12  @ San Antonio   80-81

Jan 31  Detroit     66-118
Feb 1   @ Indiana   100-109

Feb 20  @ Sacramento    79-105
Feb 24  Houston     95-101

Mar 18  New Jersey  74-87
Mar 19  @ Indiana   72-102
Mar 21  @ LA Lakers ?

<With two years left on his contract, I'm ready to trade Twan to mix it up.>
-Jessen

I was after his second season. There is just something about the guy that
continues to make my hair curl. Maybe it has something to do with Toine
being an All-Star PF who:

- ranks 6th in FG attempts, but has only a .393 FG%.

- ranks 1st in 3P attempts but 3,236,758th in 3P% (.323).

- seldom gets to the foul line, but has only a .607 FT% when he does.

- averages only 4.6 APG despite being our de facto point guard..

- averages only 7.2 RPG in 42 MPG.

- averages only .40 BPG.

- averages 3.4 turnovers per game.

- has recorded only two triple doubles and 14 double doubles in 68
   games despite his renowned versatility.

The biggest problem?  As long as Toine is with us, we will likely
never get to see either a real PF or real PG brought in., or even a
structured offense.

< However, it makes no sense to trade Twan unless you get rid of
O'Bonehead. > -Jessen

As has previously been questioned, which 3P aficionado came first -
the chicken (Obie) or the egg (Walker)?

< As for Ray's intentions of trading for a draft pick, remember that you
need to get back 13 million in salary > - Jessen

Good point. But not impossible to attain both a decent draft choice as well
as a big bucks player some other team is looking to rid themselves of but
who could actually be more helpful to our team than Walker.

Egg