RE: Billups makes old team wonder

--- You wrote:
Remember the heat I took for asking to be patient with him?  He wasn't a pure
point guard was the prevailing theme.  There was no consideration of his
defensive skills, ability to get his own shot or his free throw shooting.  It
was right now this minute.
--- end of quote ---

Well, it only took him six years to figure it out, and he STILL can't play PG.
He's still delivering pinpoint passes to patrons in the expensive seats - saw
one of those "Billups' special deliveries" on Saturday. There wasn't a Pistons
player within 15 feet of where he threw the pass. He either has periodic
hallucinations of imaginary players appearing on the court, or he don't count
so good  ( I could almost hear Pitino's trenchant voice in my head, when CB
made that pass: "Chauncey, there are only 4 other guys playing with you, and
they're all on this side of the floor!" ).  Some of us forget how painful it
was to watch him try to play point guard.

And for all his vaunted defensive abilities, he was as helpless as a child
trying to stop Pierce. I was surprised to see Carlisle stick with that matchup
for so long, given how badly it was turning out for them. What was Michael
Curry doing that he couldn't check Pierce - was he charged with stopping
Kedrick, yet another unrecognized future great? Oh wait, Kedrick didn't get off
the bench.

Look, Billups is a nice player who was  picked way too high at #3 and has been
with 5 teams in 6 years. He's a decent shooting guard in a point guard's body.
He's not the second coming of Gary Payton. I'm not so sure that Bremer won't be
able to do all the good things that Billups does - except in 2 years, not 6.
Kestas