I agree it's bad but it is worse for some players than others. I didn't see teh Orlando game. But quite frankly, Antoine and Andrew shouyld not receive the same treatment. In a perfect NBA they should, but in this NBA where stars get star treatment, they should not.

I don't agree that Antoines demeanor didn't change. I think it did but the refs still mistreated him. They still gave him the techs. He didn't complain nearly as much but still didn't get to the line. Maybe it wasn't as big of a topic on the board since the team was winning, but it doesn't mean it wasn't going on. You can't just say that since he had 17 techs, he hadn't changed. I argue that he did change, but the refs continued to T him up regularly. After 2 years, Antoine realized he will never catch a break so now he is back to arguing. He figures either way he's getting T'd up.

From: Tammo29@AOL.com
To: celtics@igtc.com

>For what it's worth, Antoine greatly improved on his treatment of the refs
last year >>and the year before.

Antoine was third in the league with 17 technical last season. Rasheed
Wallace had everyone beat with 28. Karl Malone had 19. I don't think I've
ever heard anyone say that referee's hate Karl Malone.
Antoine was near the top of the league the year before too.
I hadn't noticed much difference in attitude or court demeanor at all where
Antoine was concerned last season. I think some people just decided to
overlook it when we were winning. Now this year, with 22 T's, Antoine seems
to be trying to match Rasheed's record.

I would agree that Antoine doesn't get to the line as often as he should, but
I would also point out that he doesn't seem to TRY. The fact that at one
time this season nearly half of all his shots were three's has to be taken
into consideration. I also think the officials would put him on the line
more often if they felt like he wasn't trying to avoid contact.
Antoine is a big guy. If he would take it into the paint and take it up
strong instead of all these circus shots he likes to put up, I think he'd
hear the whistle a little more often.
And if it was just a matter of the officials not liking him he'd be called
for traveling a hell of a lot more than he is. Antoine seems to have trouble
with the notion of establishing a pivot foot. He also likes to lift both
feet before he makes a move.
He could be called for that almost every time he puts the ball on the floor,
yet they let it slide. So the officials can't be all bad. ( ;

>>You think I'm wrong? Find me another example of a player getting a
technical foul >>>for looking at a ref a certain way.

Wednesday night. Orlando vs the Jazz. Andrew DeClercq got a T for
supposedly staring down an official after a non-call. Then Rivers got a T
for arguing the original T.
The funny thing was Karl Malone was on the officials all night long without
even as much as a warning. He went to the line 22 times.
Face it, the officiating in this league is just plain bad.

TAM