Re: Coles and the playoff-Celts

At 11:05 AM 3/13/2003 -0500, Ellie Cutler wrote:
You know, I like adding Coles to the team at this point. The Globe has an article about Virginia Tech offering him the head coach position, and that: "Coles has been so intent on becoming a head coach that he has saved all his NBA playbooks. He has kept notes on different drills, practice routines, and the positives and negatives of every one of his NBA coaches."

This sounds like a good veteran presence for us. He actually was on the list of possible Celtics draftees the year we took Dee Brown. Given that we only have one real point guard, and a rookie at that (though I love Bremer and think he plays with veteran poise), it's not going to hurt anything to have Coles on board.
I think JR will be the biggest beneficiary actually, because it gives him a smart, tough, experienced PG to play against in practice to help his own development into becoming the same. He hasn't had another PG to practice against (sorry, but the court vision, what court vision Tony Delk is NOT a PG no matter what position he's slotted in. although he can be a good defender against them).

Kim