RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V10 #84

I'd replace Walton as a starter with Kareem as well as grabbing maybe Wilt and Jerry West for the bench.

Cecil

-----Original Message-----
From: steve knight [mailto:stevebknight@yahoo.com]
Sent: March 12, 2003 4:08 PM
To: Celtics@igtc.com

Mark,

Couldn't agree more with your assessment of Dominique
and McGrady, who's just now hitting his stride and
already brings more to the table than DW did at his
peak. With DW, you knew they were never going to win
it all because of his limitations and inability to
make his teammates better. conversely, i can see tmac
leading his team to the title one day. and to think we
passed on tmac twice in the draft. groan.

btw, that brings me to a conversation i had with my
kids last night. after the CONN women lost, i was
reminiscing about ucla's 88 straight wins and how
perfect a player bill walton was. told them at the
peak of his game, i'd take him at center over anyone.
which led to me naming my all-time team:

starters:
jordan
magic
bird