Re: Parker posing: Celtics didn't act with this one

In a message dated 3/9/2003 7:43:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jlyell@netzero.net writes:

> Sounds like Red covering his ass on another bad selection

I couldn't agree less.  Sounds to me like Red is ackowledging that this was
his pick; he says he liked Forte and pushed for him.  No one knew about
Parker, so the consensus was to go with Red's pick.  The only way I see this
as Red "covering his ass" is if the claim is being made by someone that the
BDT turned to Red and said, "Red, we have the 21 pick coming up.  Obie and
Wallace and Leo and ThanksDad are going to go get a burger, so you decide who
we'll get; no need to discuss it with anyone else."