CLIPS game

This is the type of game the bookies hate. We are favored by 9 over the
Clips tonight.  Realistically, we should be favored by 15, maybe even 20.
So let us just skip right over this game, folks, and mark our record as
36-26, not in pencil but in ink.

The Clips have six players averaging double figures in scoring.  Last I
heard, three of these players (Brand, Olowokandi, Odom) will be viewing
the game in street clothes tonight along with subs Dooling, and Fowlkes.
Elevated to starters will be names like Cherokee Parks, Sean Rooks,
and Ed Piatkowski.  So let our team finally make a statement in this
final game of our recent cream puff schedule.  No more of this pulling
out one or two point victories against the dregs of the league.

If I could buy one NBA team, it would be the Clips.  How can a team
with so much talent play so poorly?  A starting lineup of Brand, Odom,
Olowokandi, Maggotte, and Andre Miller should have a lot better
record than their present 19-41, twenty-seventh worst in a league of
twenty nine.

I cannot tell what the truth might be, but only as it 'twas told to me ...
that the Clip's problems come down from the top ... no leadership,
no money, no support; therefore no loyalty, no spirit, no hope for
these lambs to the slaughter.

But oh such a juicy project and oh what a couple of strategic re-signings
and trades could do to instantly reverse the Clip's present prognosis.
This is the team Belkin and Bird should be attempting to buy.  It would
be an act of mercy.

In honor of list member Bird - Sterling delenda est

Egg
-----------------------------

Clippers owner accused of housing discrimination
ASSOCIATED PRESS

LOS ANGELES (Feb.7, 2003)- Southern California real estate magnate
Donald Sterling allegedly ordered staff to rent his apartments at two
complexes only to Korean tenants, according to a federal lawsuit
filed Thursday.

Sterling, the lawsuit claims, told his staff he did not like blacks and
Latinos, allegedly stating that "Hispanics smoke, drink and just hang
around the building."

The suit, which seeks at least $750,000 in damages and fair housing
training for staff, was filed by the Housing Rights Center, a nonprofit
organization.

Sterling, who owns the Los Angeles Clippers basketball team, did
not return a phone call Thursday seeking comment on the lawsuit.
In its complaint, the Housing Rights Center alleges Sterling informed
staff members at a May 2002 meeting that he wanted "to rent his
apartments only to those tenants who are Korean."

The two buildings cited in the suit comprise 405 apartment units.
The name of one, the Mark Wilshire Tower, was later changed to
the Korean World Towers to reflect the new policy, the lawsuit said.
The suit also alleged that non-Korean staff were forced out of their
jobs, black tenants were required to sign in when entering the
building, and notices to a crime-prevention meeting were written
only in Korean.  Lawyer Gary Rhoades, who represents the Housing
Rights Center, said the case is noteworthy because of the
eyewitnesses who can corroborate the claims in the lawsuit.

"Usually you have more subtle kinds of discrimination occurring,
where people may have a feeling about it, but it's harder to prove,"
Rhoades said. "Most housing providers and managers who are going
to discriminate know that at least they shouldn't articulate that
preference."