Random shots

Anyone remember the column by Baton Rouge's long departed sports editor, Bud Montet?  Random Shots.  Well here are mine on an evening that I'll be glad to see ease on down the road:  I don't buy the idea that "Walker Gets It" and the phrase brilliant basketball mind is rather mindless.  It's not brain surgery.  If football is blocking and tackling, then BB is passing and rebounding.  Walker's no frigging genius; he just talks a good game and sometimes plays one.  But, like my favorite stock, he's a dang rollercoaster and the ride is too  much for an old man.

Now, Kedrick's performance is a disappointment.  I would offer two possibilities.  He sees his opportunity elsewhere, not with the O'Brien regime; he may be that smart--I don't know. Secondly, no one in Celtic land knows how to bring along a raw talent.  It's our loss, but I see more possibility in our getting lucky in the draft, then actually playing a rookie than using Kedrick well. (Would Randolph or Murphy have developed here?) He needs a few games where he shoots about ten threes and tries to find his stroke.  This onesy, twosy stuff doesn't cut it.

And about that press conference.  Well, enough.  Cheers.  Looking forward to the next few games.

Mark, I'm going to see La. Tech play Saturday.  Their pf, Meeking, is a burly, 6'8" Clarence Weatherspoon type.  I hope he's good enough for the pros; I don't know, but I will try to collect the players who have impressed me this year.  Gene