Re: [Celtics' Stuff Bimbo's agent, lobbying C's?-Globe

At 07:59 AM 3/6/2003 -0500, Celtic4Hire@aol.com wrote:
>I thought you had to be on the team by March 1 to be eligible for the
>playoffs?...

Don't think so, Dan. Based upon roster submitted by team just before
playoffs that I recall. Didn't find anything at the CBA or NBA site on a
quick search, but a more general websearch came up with:

PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITY AND ROSTERS
Each team must submit a list of its players eligible to compete in playoff
games by 3:00 p.m. (Eastern time) on the day following the end of the
regular season. No team may appear for any game unless at least nine
players are dressed and eligible and able to participate. Because there is
no Injured List for the playoffs, each playoff team must designate 12
players eligible for the playoffs.

from the old Hornets website
http://www.gast-gazette.com/portal/sports/Hornets/Facts-Info/player_guide.htm
which is pretty much the sort of thing I remembered it being. Especially as
I know I remember fairly regular talk of which late signed 10 days might be
declared eligible vs say existing players on IR who could come off it later
in the playoffs.

Kim