Walker ejection

''Blount is going on and on with the ref [Jack Nies],'' said Davis [team-high 19 points]. ''Antoine stepped in and said, `Don't worry about it. They're [Raptors] going to be going home April 16th.' The ref turned and looked and said, `Oh, well, you go home right now.' Then, [Nies] kicked him out and I just thought it was so funny.''

''It was like that game show with that lady, the `Weakest Link,' '' said Carter (18 points, 11 rebounds). ''Goodbye.'' That comment led to more laughter, and Davis went on to call Walker's words ''a cheap shot'' and unsportsmanlike. But there was no denying Walker spoke the truth.

''The refs usually sit back as long as there's no confrontation,'' said Davis. ''But for [Nies] to kind of stand up with kind of a smirk . . . Maybe I shouldn't have been laughing. But at that point, you've got to find things to laugh about and enjoy. I love Antoine . . . the kid had 38 [points]. He did everything that he could for his team.''

Now if that is what really happened, shouldn't it be investigated by the league? Isn't that the type of stuff that Pat Riley was complaining about? If a ref doesn't like a person or team, he will go out of his way to make life difficult for them. Was what Walker said really deserving of a T? Nowyou can't even make a comment to your teammate about another teams place in the standings? It seems pretty excessive to me by the ref.