Re: West/Ainge - puzzles within a puzzle

All this talk about West having something up his sleeve really bothers me. West has made plenty of mistakes over the years. The thing about West is he is never afraid to take a risk. And so when a pick works out, like Kobe, it makes him seem like some kind of genious. But no one ever brings up his failed draft picks.

Sam Jacobson in 1998
George Lynch in 1993
David Rivers in 1988
Ken Barlow in 1986
Earl Jones in 1984
Mike Mcgee in 1981

Even some of the others haven't been anything more than servicable players.

Devean George in 1999
Derek Fisher in 1996
Eddie Jones in 1994
Anthony Peeler in 1992
Elden Campbell 1n 1990
Vlade Divac in 1989
AC Green in 1985

I guess my point is Jerry West is not some genious in the sense that any team that makes a deal with him is getting screwed. I'm sick of hearing that. The C's got a guy that many thought of as a lottery pick as well as a prospect who was also picked to be a first rounder and who could become very good for two guys who were thought of as 2nd rounders at best.

Here's an idea... maybe Jerry West is the one that got screwed in this deal? Anyone think of that? Or are you too busy trying to figure out an angle to prove that Ainge got taken to the cleaners?