From: Josh Ozersky [mailto:jozersky1@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: June 27, 2003 2:44 AM
To: celtics list
Subject: deveney on Celts draft

Contrary to what self-serving Lampe-lovers Ray and Chad Ford say, most sane
observers seem to agree that the Celtics made
out really well.  Sean Deveney:  Now what? Jones will play in Memphis, but the
Celtics got a second player in return for him, Kendrick Perkins, a high school
center. The Celtics translated their two picks, then, into a high-end point
guard, Banks, and a high-upside big man, Perkins. That's two highly rated guys
coming to Boston, a very productive draft to support Antoine Walker and Paul
Pierce. Perkins could develop into a solid paint player, and the Celtics need
that badly.

Tolbert singled out the Celtics as the team outside the top three most likely
to be helped by their pick.  And no one has
mentioned the fact that the team picked up the leading rebounder in Division I
(and most athletic big man in Chicago) with the frigging 56th pick.