FIRST: this is a philosophy based rant - not another "can we begin our mindless, no point, who's better debate between PP and AW again please" self-starter kit.

SECOND: Anyone that wants to turn this into another debate of that type leave me out of it. I love the Celtics, not players - luckily David Stern missed me at age 17 with his brainwashing "stars versus team" marketing blitz.

If we do end trading AW for a PF rebounder type and a pick (let's just say we pick a PG and a C/PF); if we continue with our "run our offense through our star", which would now just be PP, philosophy - Pierce will lead the league in turnovers, being triple teamed, and probably foul shots again.

If we trade AW we MUST and I cannot emphasize this enough, diversify our offense and make PP a hybrid Reggie Miller/Cuttino Mobley type player.  Meaning much more coming off screens, through multiple curls and off picks AWAY from the ball versus the 1 on 1 iso beyond the three point line.  Even iso on the box with PP is a better option then what we had last year.

If we ask for a one star team, then we have to act like a one star team and make the other players create for that one star (again via a lot of away from the ball physicality to free said star to make quick shots &/or moves to the hole), not expect him to do it all himself for without another "name" player (again I'm NOT going to debate AW's worth) to even minimally draw pressure that star that's left will find that he will absorb even MORE physical punishment then he did before.

Remember this is a two star league to win championships, (Okay, this year was a bit off from that, but usually that holds true)however one star teams, especially in the East, can make noise but only if they make that stars' job as easy as possible by doing all the dirty work (a la Iverson's Sixers three years ago).