Summary of listed Walker trades

Let's summarize the Walker trade rumors. All seem to have us moving up with
the exception of the Minn. trade.

Raptors - 4 pick and Davis - this by far is the best trade for us. I would
think we could continue to go deep in the playoffs with Davis, who was recently
an all-star. However, it seems lately we have to add a pick and it looks like
the Knicks are putting together a better package.

Miami - 5 pick and Grant/Jones - I haven't seen this posted yet but you know
that Riley loves Walker, Riley wants to get rid his long term contracts. This
would allow us, with Grant, to continue to go deep in the playoffs and get
development from Bosh/Lampe (whomever they are targeting). However, it is would
really be scary to have three guys, PP, Baker and Grant to be sucking down 12
million plus each for the next 5, 3 and 4 years, especially with Baker already
down. There would be less risk in Davis who is a better player, IMO, and has
just three years left on his contract versus Grant's 4. Therefore, this is
quite risky.

Chicago - quite interesting before but not going to happen with Williams
injured so not worth discussing.

New York/Seattle - Antoine Walker going to New York, Kurt Thomas and 9 going
to Seattle, and
Boston receiving 12, 14, and 30. I have previously posted the cap fodder it
would take to make this work. This is the second best trade giving us future
flexibility and youth to develop (or not develop with Obie) or trade. However,
we definitely have a problem making the playoffs unless we get unexpected
contributions from the rookies. This could be botched if NY moves to the 4.
However, we still could do the trade with the Raptors at 9 (Davis and 9 for Walker).
The original trade prevents Seattle from taking Banks in which they are now
threatening to do.

Minn - Walker for Brandon - we get the flexibility but not the value. It
seems to me that this was a starter but now the real offers are coming in as we
get closer to the draft and teams realize that these guys aren't going to
contribute for a few years if at all.

I would go all day for a Davis and 4/9 pick or the NY/Seattle trade. The rest
I would let pass. However, rarely the trade that happens is the one that is
previously printed. Such fun....

DJessen33