Re: Josh's talk with Wallace, etc

>>Ainge has neither confirmed nor denied the Banks rumor, having no reason
to do either.  Present thinking is that the rumor is the imaginative
strategy emanating from the Banks PR camp.  I guess talent is no longer
the issue.  These new wave draftees need PR hype and cunning to land a
spot with THEIR choice of team on the first round.  Agent Arn Tellem
owns the NBA.>>

  I'd like to believe this is all PR, but then how do you explain the fact he
isn't working out for anyone and he didn't stick around for the pre-draft
camp...not even the measurements?
The only explanation is that he has a promise.  Now the question is with
whom?
The fact that Boston has a history of doing this and that there are no rumors
out there at all about any other team (remember, even with Kedrick there was
a rumor that Portland was interested), leads me to believe the deal could very
well be true.

The poster on the Real GM board isn't an agent.  He's just Joe fan like you
and me.  He's very involved in one of the Rebel's message boards and has been
for a long time, so I wouldn't doubt he has contacts within UNLV.  He was
pushing Banks as a 1st rounder this time last year to one of the draft guru's, who
wasn't overly impressed at the time, so he's obviously a big fan of the guy.
Some of the things he has said make it obvious to me that he is not in the
least bit objective. But it's not like he has the power of a PR firm.
Something is definitely going on.

TAM