Re: Draft, Trades, Wallace: Here's What We Know, 6/16

Ray, I agree with your first 9. The Wizards pick could be anything. However,
they are far away enough from the Cs that it isn't going to matter. The big
equalizer is the Sonics at 12 and 14. My opinion is that they will go big at one
spot and that a point guard at the other. Therefore, I believe they will
definitely take Sweetney at 12 and then take Ridnour from nearby Oregon at 14.
Even if they don't take Ridnour, they will take Gaines.

 I believe the Magic will also take a point guard at 15. Armstrong has been a
trooper but is a free agent and they have been looking for help there for
quite awhile. The prognosticators has had them taking a point guard this whole
summer and they would have bluffed pretty well if they deviate from that. You
could argue they need scoring to replace Hill and Mike Miller. I just think they
need a point guard worse. Therefore, I have them taking Gaines.

Therefore, I believe a scorer, one of Pavlovic, Hayes or Pietrus will be
available to the Cs. If not, they will take a rebounder in Collison (this doesn't
take into account Carpakapa or Khryapa which I haven't heard enough about or
seen) or Sofoklis.

I agree that the Magic are a key piece at 15. If they go for a scorer and
take the last available one, we would have to go rebounder or big.

 I have the Suns taking Carbarkapa. NO taking Collison and Sofoklis going to
Utah. That leaves Diaw and Khryapa on the table but I believe the Cs are have
a done deal for Banks at the 20.

 10) Wizards        Hayes       Sweetney        Hinrich
 11) GS             Hinrich     Hinrich         Ridnour
 12) Sonics         Sweetney    Ridnour         Sweetney
 13) Memphis        Pietrus     Pietrus         Pietrus
 14) Sonics         Ridnour     Sofoklis            Ridnour
 15) Magic          Gaines      Gaines          Gaines
 16) Cs             Pavlovic        Pavlovic/Hayes  Pavlovic/Hayes

 For the 20 if we take the following at 16 (if we take a rebounder, it means
Gaines is passed by at 15 and we don't take him at 16):

 16) Cs             Pavlovic/Hayes  Collison                Sofoklis
 17) Suns           Cabarkapa       Cabarkapa           Cabarkapa
 18) NO             Collison            Gaines              Collison
 19) Utah           Sofoklis            Sofoklis                Khryapa
 20) Cs             Banks           Banks               Banks
 Still available        Khryapa, Diaw   Khryapa, Diaw       Gaines, Diaw

 DJessen33

 << - If you're wondering what the Magic are doing at 15,
  Orlando according to Brian Schmitz of the Sentinel
  is taking either Gaines or Ridnour, but they don't see
  Ridnour being available. If neither one is there,
  best player available. Don't they need a SF/SG
  to replace Hill?  Wouldn't Pavlovic be a nice fit here?

  - Hot NBA trade rumor is the Grizzlies sending Stromile Swift
  and the 13th pick to Toronto for the 4th pick.  Who would the
  Grizzlies take?  My guess, either Podkolzine, Wade, or Pietrus.
  A good trade for both teams. Toronto gets a good young forward
  and can then draft a PG, and the Grizzlies get Podkolzine
  or a SG.

  - Another hot Grizzlies rumor (courtesy of Sam Smith) is Swift and
  13 to Miami for 5.  The Heat at 13 would probably be looking at
  a PG.

  - Based on early information, the first 9 picks look
  something like this:

  1. Cleveland -  James
  2. Detroit -  Milicic
  3. Denver - Anthony
  4. Memphis? - Podkolzine
  5. Miami - Bosh
  6. LA Clippers - Wade
  7. Chicago - Pietrus
  8. Milwaukee - Ford
  9. New York - Kaman

  No one has a clue as to what the Wizards are doing.
  They could take Lampe, Hinrich, Khyrapa, Pavlovic, anyone at 10.
  They are this draft's wildcard.

  Picks 10 to 16 seem to center around the following players:

  Lampe
  Collison
  Sweetney
  Hinrich
  Gaines
  Ridnour
  Pavlovic
  Hayes
  Barbosa
  Khyrapa

  Will Lampe drop down to 16? What about Sweetney, who measured out at
  6-7.25
  or so in bare feet? >>