TALE OF NINE GURUS

This draft is so much fun that I have taken the time to compare the mocks
of NINE GURUS.  Included are DraftNet, CBSSportsline, Inside Hoops,
ESPN (Katz/Ford), Sam Smith, NBCSports (Glier), CNNSI, The Sporting
News (Deveney), and HoopsHype.

Following is a compilation of how said nine gurus presently rank the
players, along with how they ranked them three weeks ago (noted in
parenthesis).

The frenzied 11th-hour rush to so many raw but future great(?) foreign
hopefuls is reminiscent of the infamous tech stock stampede of 1998-99.
A little too late and maybe a little too costly?

1    James (1)
2    MIlicic (2)
3    Anthony (3)
4    Bosh (4)
5    Ford (5)
6   Podkolzine (16)     Milicic says you are hardly able to walk
7    Wade (8)
8    Lampe (11)         Come 2009 I will prove I was worth drafting
9    Kaman (6)          I'm the only pure center? Hmmmmm.
10  Hinrick (9)
11  Hayes (12)
12  Sweetney (7)        Help. I an falling and I can't get up
13  Pietrus (10)
14  Ridnour (13)        Steve Blake who?
15  Gaines (14)
16  Pavlovic (22)       Great Celt workout against Steve P.
17  Barbosa (15)        I'm only 4 yrs. away. Have patience
18  Collison (18)       Mired at 18. Where did I go wrong?
19  Cabarkapa (23)
20  Banks (2nd round)   Formerly ranked #36. Thanks, Celts
21  Schortsianitis (17) So what if I'm only 6 ft. 5 inches
22  Diaw (20)
23  West (19)
24  Varejao (21)        Could pull out of the draft
25  Delfino (28)        Could pull out of the draft
26  Austin (24)
27  Ndubi Ebi (2nd-round)
28  Khryapa (29)        Could pull out of the draft
29  Badiane (2nd -round) Oh what one good workout can do

ON THE CUSP

Pachulia                Could pull out of the draft
Cook
Hansen                  Ainge's favorite player?
Planinic                Underrated, should move up
Moore
Perkins                     Go to college
Outlaw
Beasley
Bell                    And a tweener child shall lead us?
Howard
Williams
Lang