re: trading down

Say we get Pavlovic at #16.  Many think he would be an excellent 2 guard.  Then we are not sold on the choices at #20--the guy we wanted is gone, they all begin to look too similar--so we trade #20 for two lower choices.  ?  Would we want three new players?  Well, one or two of them might not be a weight on the cap like the #20 would be.  Am I not right that a second rounder is not guaranteed a specific amount?  And should we select a "potential" laden Euro, could he not be sent to Europe for a year, a la Songaila (bring him back, bring him back)?  So, three might be cheaper than two.

So we could get one solid player at #16 and two who may or may not fit in--now or later.

Weaknesses:  Pavlovic is a young 2 guard; hard to see him displacing Delk enough to make a big splash; plus, we need a point and a rebounder.  Could #20 give us our best shot there?  With Banks or West or Collison or Sof or Painicic?

I lean toward holding with the two choices and would like to see us consider trading up, but I'm not sure for whom.  If we could get Barbosa later, why trade down for Heinrich?  If we could get West, why go for Sweetney?  Truth is, there are four or five of the lottery picks that I'm glad we won't get.  Enough.  Cheers.  Only two weeks to go.  I have already sent my special appeal to the new BT to take a look at . . . Steve Blake.  Gene