Leanings and questions

Interesting mock (ESPN) that shows us with Pavlovic and Banks.  That's ok; but I am hoping for a big man.  As much as I like Songaila (and I hope we look at him again), he may not be an NBA starter, so I would like to see a big man who could be a good PF.  I'm leaning to West.  He measured higher than expected (6' 9") with a good wingspan and he's a great rebounder/scorer.  I think he will have an excellent career.  What we need!  I'm not convinced the #6 rated PG will be our saviour.

If Pavlovic is all that good, ok.  But would Josh Howard, ACC Player of Year, (had he been playing in Europe) be a lottery pick?  Euros, like American high-schoolers get high "potential" ratings, and thus many never pan out.  Altho' that's changing, I wonder if Pietrus and Pavlovic are better than Josh Howard or Jarvis Hayes.  Scouts and agents are sometimes like political hypsters, like Hollywood agents--they have such a vested interest in their guys making it--duhh.

NBAdraft.net has an interesting feature on their "top 50" prospects; it lists them in order of their projected NBA success, not draft position.  It lists Euros further down than the draft order tends to.  It also says about my man, Blake, that he's next to Ford in PG skills, but needs to add strength.  I'll agree to that.