Re: laugh or cry?/Duncan

In a message dated 6/8/03 9:18:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time, grodeg@kalama.com
writes:

> What does he plan to do now, when DR is gone?  Granted it likely will be as
> a 2 time champ, but it won't be as "simple" as finding a replacement center,
> for the SA, it is more likely TD is going to have to move over to center,
> learn that position to play full time and bring his worst fears of 1997 back to
> the fore front.  Welcome to the rest of your career Timmy.

If I'm Popovich, instead of trying to lure Kidd out of NJ, I take a portion
of DR's expiring contract money and lob $8M a year at Olowokandi and use the
remainder to add quality depth at bargain prices. Kandi can and would give that
team just as much, if not more, than what DR gave them from a statistical
standpoint this season and for less money. That would allow TD to remain at the
"4". I'd also bring back both Rose and Kevin Willis.

CeltsSteve