Euro madness

Amazing!  The average celts fan in his living room knows as much about International prospects as team scouts knew five years ago.  Looks like Pavel Pod has pulled a Gasol.  You can't hide anymore.  If he has rocketed to #4, as some suggest (why not #3?), then the whole order may be upset.  I can see Hayes or Pietrus falling to our range.  Wow!

Right now, I would like to see us get two of five Euros:  Pietrus, Badiane, Shorts, Barbosa or Pavlovic.  And I haven't seen any of them play.  Two are big and bad--Shorts and Badiane.  Barbosa is a point, while Pietrus and Pavlovic sound like wings.  What DA has to figure is where we get help in the near term.  That may mean a Greek and a Gringo or a Brazilian nut and a Ghetto blaster.  It's not too much to think that we will help the team more with two players now than three players then.  N'est pas?

I can remember when the world was leaning toward French as the international language.  Ha!  What happened?  The NBA.  Cheers,  Gene

Deep breathing now.