Re: Marcus Banks profile

I did a little digging on Marcus Banks, and the one thing that stood out was
his field goal percentage. Throughout junior college and his two years at
UNLV, he was about a 50 percent shooter. His low mark was around 46 percent
in his first season at UNLV. Those are outstanding percentages. He's not a
good 3-point shooter-around 30-33 percent-but he doesn't take a lot. He's a
pretty good free throw shooter-76 percent-so he either has good form and
limited range or a great work ethic to overcome a suspect jumper. His
assists really jumped from his junior season (about 3.5 per game) to his
senior season (about 5.5 per game). His rebound (3.8) and steal (2.8)
numbers are pretty good also, and I always consider those pretty good
indicators about a player-they gauge aggressiveness to an extent.

But I've never seen him play. Is there anyone out there who can provide some
insight having watched him play? Is he a point guard, or a shooting guard
dressed in point guard's clothing? He's intriguing, but I never really took
him seriously. I guess it's because he played at UNLV, whose guards
traditionally have been small shooters, not really point guards. Also, the
level of competition out there is pretty weak. He's another guy to keep our
eyes on.

Mark