Re: Candid Ainge Blasts Pierce and Walker

>"Maybe i'm missing something obvious, but i'm trying to figure out why Ainge
would >be a regular on a KC radio station. He's not from the area, is he? I
just don't see >any connection between Ainge and KC as to why he would be a
regular guest. Can >someone fill me in?

>>(isn't this kinda like Joe Kleine doing a regular show on Nashville radio?)

  Let me try to make some sense of it.
Remember, there hasn't been an NBA team in Kansas City in decades.
However, there is still a pocket of fans in the area that follow the NBA.
The "Crunch Time" guys know nothing about the NBA.  It's two ex-football
players and a local TV sports reporter (all three originally from the East by the
way). So, in a way to bring in other sports besides football and baseball to
the show and to throw a bone to the NBA fans in the area, they bring in a
weekly basketball expert.
That expert was Danny Ainge.  The new expert is Rick Barry.  I'm not crazy
about Barry.  He comes off pretty conceited.  Loves to talk about how good he
was.
Sounds just like what you heard from your grandfather when he was waxing
poetic about old times.
"Back in my day we walked 20 miles to and from school, you could drop a $100
in the middle of the street and no one would take it,  and everyone shot 98%
from the free throw line!"  ( ;

TAM