Re: Danny Ainge interview

Tammo and Ray covered it, but I listened also. Some thoughts...

1.	He specifically mentioned free agency for a tempo-changer at guard
(presumably point guard). Please not Kenny. Please. If that's his idea of a
tempo-changer, then all hope is lost. If he's talking about a sign-and-trade
for Andre Miller, then I'm on board. Anyone know of any other free agent
point guards that might qualify?

2.	He talked about so many young guys pushing talent down in the draft
and said they'd probably be looking at guards or a European small forward at
16. The European small forward remark certainly raises your eyebrows a
little after the tidbit about Pavlovic last week. As for the guards, we're
probably talking about the usual suspects-Ridnour, Barbosa, Hayes (shooting
guard), Moore, Williams, etc.

3.	His strongest comments were about the conditioning of Walker and
Pierce. Said they have to be in better shape. They aren't in great condition
and the team isn't well conditioned in general. If that's what we're
counting on in the way of improvement, then, again, all hope is lost.

4.	I actually was encouraged by his comments about not taking the job
when first offered because the team's talent/cap situation wasn't appealing.
I think he has toned down that kind of talk in Boston so as not to turn off
season ticket holders, but it's clear he doesn't think this team is close
as-is. He says it will be a long process, and he's right.

Anyway, some pretty good stuff. Nothing earth-shattering, but interesting.

Mark