Re: '01 draft revisited and O'Brien's culpability

Then put me in the "reach" group.  Egg is right on.  Forte was a wasted
pick.  O'Brien was part of the process to make Forte the pick over a far
superior choice in Parker.

The entire draft disaster should be enough to have the entire BDT removed
from ever having input into a draft again.  The drafts under this group has
set this team back further then the Baker trade ever will.

I don't see any reach except in pretending O'B wasn't part of the decision,
and therefore having culpability.

<Jim

Eggcentric@AOL.com writes:

> Parker was that guy; Forte was never that guy.  And I don't consider that
> a reach.

Parker is much more of a pure PG than Forte will ever be and that, as you
say, is no a reach. But blaming O'Brien for the decision to draft Forte IS a
reach and your attempt to defend that reach is even a bigger reach.

CeltsSteve