draft: then and now

Part of our decision for Forte, I think, was that we had already reached for Kedrick Brown and to "reach" for Parker would be, in many minds, tempting fate by taking two with "potential."  Thus, we took the known, the safer quantity--Joseph Forte.  Funny how things work out.  Also, it makes me think there is a strong tendency to balance this year's choices in the same way.  I doubt we will take two foreign players--say, Barbossa and Pavlovic (altho' that sounds good right now)--and expect us to take a "known" quantity at #16, say Collison, the Kansas pf, with a "reach" at #20, say Krypalovicstein, you know, the slavic, Russian Jew.  Oh, well.  I don't know much about these guys but the Pavlovic guy sounds like a dog trainer's dream.  Cheers, Gene