Misc. thoughts

Thanks to everyone for all the good draft coverage. I *loved* this draft. I'm really high on Marcus Banks. Forget Perkins for now, please. The Cs went into the draft needing a PG and C and we got arguably the best of each. Drafting young is one of the ways to get yourself a quality big man. And we've done just that. Ainge's plan is more long term than the 2003-4 season. The high schoolers just don't come out and plug in to a rotation. Zach Randolph sat. Jermaine O'Neal sat. T-Mac sat. Let Kendrick sit! And yes, I would love to see him tutored by Russell and Walton.

Yes! at signing Hunter - can't wait to see him eat the glass against NBA frontcourts.

On Kedrick: I'd love to see his coming out party this year, but he says his ankle is still bothering him. Not good! Will have to see how that plays out. Running with Banks could give him a big shot of confidence.

On Antoine: wonderful that he's slimmed down, but I was worried at his quote (paraphrase) that he wasn't going to change his game. At least the weight loss will help him in a running game. Once Banks hits him a few times for an easy layup, maybe he'll give up the notion of having to be the one to bring the ball up.

On Baker: he'll come back and give us 20-25 min a game of solid post play.

Thumbs up on Jumaine Jones - I remember being pretty impressed with him at Philly. Bye Bruno! I liked Bremer and am sorry to see him go, but whoever said he wouldn't fit the running game (ie summer league) made a good point. But, what does Jones' arrival mean for Kedrick and EWill? An 8-9 man rotation doesn't have enough room. Although if OB really does institute a running game, he'll need fresh legs.

To be seen: Will Pierce & Walker's minutes go down to 35 or so? And will OB keep an open mind about the new rosterees? At least enough to play them in a blowout. Man that used to fry me when we were on either side of a blowout and he had Pierce and Walker in for the end of the 4th qtr.

Major props to Danny Ainge. Like Theo on the Red Sox, I just plain have confidence in him. I don't get all hyped up with whatever he's saying to the press - he admitted early on that he basically was going to keep things very close to the vest (also like Theo). He's just going out and doing a really good job so far. I'm jazzed!

Can't wait for fall! Well, at least this year the Red Sox really *do* have a chance.

--Ellie