From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Michael Gooen
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 1:14 PM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Picking the point guard

Assuming the Cs can get either Best or Anderson for the same price, whom
do you prefer and why?

I'm torn.  On one hand, Kenny knows the O'B system (such as it is), and
I've always thought of Kenny as more of a pure point than Travis.  On the
other hand, Kenny's a year older -- also, I've always thought of him as
more of an ego problem than Best and I'm not sure he'd be willing to play
mentor to Banks.  (I wonder how involved Cousy will be in that capacity.
Come to think of it, how great would it be to have Cousy working with
Banks and Russell working with Perkins?)

Michael Gooen

P.S.  Looks as though there will be one fewer attempted murderer loose in
NYC.  I'm just surprised Layden didn't make more of a play for Andre
Miller, hire Rick Majerus as coach, and change the name of the team to the
NY Runnin' Utes.  (Typical fan's reaction:  "Utes?  Whaddyatalkinabout?
Dat Houston's gotta be at least toity-tree!")