Re: Questions about the Summer League for Josh

>And I am the biggest Walker fan, who apparently can't
show sarcasm when he wants to...

I couldn't tell you were joking about him being "the" drinker. Sorry for
missing your humor.

>so let's stop spreading that lie.  More than
likely, Antoine's friends acted as any friends
would...that is, by coming to his aid without any
prompting from him.

I guess it depends on the definition of "prompt".  But without asking Walker
himself, both positions are just assumptions based on each persons
interpretation of what they remember seeing.  There is no dispute of Walker
leaving the bench and going into the stands to confront a fan during a game
though.  (Depending on what the fan said, I may have "come to Walkers aid"
as well.)

"Jul 17, 6:40 PM (ET)

BOSTON (AP) - A clerk magistrate has declined to file assault charges
against Boston Celtics forward Antoine Walker for an altercation with a fan,
the Suffolk District Attorney's office said Thursday.
On May 11, with the Celtics losing badly to the New Jersey Nets in Game 3 of
the NBA Eastern Conference semifinals, Walker left the bench and confronted
a man in the stands, yelling, "Are you talking to me?" according to police
and witnesses.

The man said in a police report that Walker poked him in the face several
times as FleetCenter security officers moved to separate them. Other fans
came to Walker's aid.

The 6-foot-9, 245-pound forward later said he'd had enough after years of
heckling by the fan from his seat behind the Celtics' bench.

Following a hearing Thursday morning in Boston Municipal Court, a clerk
magistrate ruled that there was not probable cause to charge Walker with
assault, said David Procopio, a spokesman for District Attorney Daniel
Conley.

"Obviously, that's a good thing," said Walker's agent, Michael Higgins.

Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss declined to comment on the clerk's finding. The
team has said it would revoke the fan's tickets.

Walker has played all seven of his NBA seasons with the Celtics."

>Unfortunately, Jim, you can't tell shit (i.e., the
REALLY important things) in practice.  Every coach
knows that...practice tells you about certain traits a
player has (how they respond to high energy
expediture, how willing they are to work hard even
when they are dead tired, what specific skill set they
possess--free throw shooting, good hands,
ball-handling), but ultimately, a player plays...and
can only be truly evaluated in a playing
situation....thus the need for game action.

I am sure the coaches run game situations in practice.   You must be
equating "practice" with "drills".  Playing an unorganized pick up game
against other bubble players isn't going to show much to a team if the
player can't remember/run a defensive rotation or an offensive play in the
controlled environment of a practice game run for the benefit of the coaches
evaluating players.

<Jim

---