Re: game 3

In a message dated 7/17/03 6:32:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gk_tyler@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> The ESPN board is gushing over the play of Banks and Hunter in the first
> half.  I've been interested in how Hunter would do against Sweetney; probably
> all of one inch difference in height there.  Also, Banks vs. Frank Williams.
> If you see the game, please share impressions.  Cheers, Gene

Gene,

Banks had a high number of TOs but still turned in a double double with 22
points and 10 dimes; Hunter turned in a double double with 26 (?) points and 12
boards; and Kedrick was unstoppable in the 2nd half and made like 8 or 8
straight baskets on an assortment of inside, mid range , and 3 point shots and had
an absolutely heart stopping, two handed flush on an alley oop from Bremer
that had everyone oohing and aahing.

There has to be a place on this team for Hunter. He just carves out space and
I thought did a pretty good job tonight of finishing around the basket over
taller players. I also thought he outplayed Sweetney. I believe the announcers
said the C's had 40 points in the paint and I'll bet they didn't attempt more
than 7 or 8 three pointers all game. Banks is simply electrifying. He made
frank Williams look like a CYO player out there tonight. The C's also doubled up
the Knicks on fast break points as well IIRC.

CeltsSteve