Kandi Man for short money ...

Los Angeles Clippers free-agent center Michael
Olowokandi agreed Tuesday night to join the Minnesota
Timberwolves for the NBA's $4.9 mid-level exception,
accepting a three-year deal worth $16.2 million,
ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports.

---------

The Celtics should have tried to make this deal. The
mid-level exception for Olowakandi? A young 7-footer
who's averaged almost a double-double (11 ppg & 9 rpg)
and nearly 2 bpg the past two years? Kandi probably
would have said no - the enticement of playing next to
Garnett factored heavily into his thinking, I'm sure -
but to me, he's worth taking the $10 million luxury
tax hit. He's one of the top 6 centers in the league,
easily.