Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Whoah, Some Good Stuff Today

"Thats an interesting idea. We didn't lose that much with Blount in relief of Battie in Obie's schemes....DJessen33"

Please tell me you're kidding? I'll admit Battie isn't all-world, but he's SIGNIFICANTLY better the Mark Blount. Blount still draws way too many fouls, has no offensive game, and while much better then when he left a year ago isn't as good a rebounder as Battie. Battie was arguably the MVP of this team in the first half of last season - he anchored the defense actually making teams think twice about penetrating and gave the Cs a consistent jump shot from the foul line option. He also hit some VERY clutch shots in the Indiana playoff series.

We keep these trade talks up and we'll be shipping everyone on the Cs save Pierce to the Knicks just to get rid of Walker. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. The right deal will come if there is a right deal to be had - let's not just offer up anything and everything because we want it done yesterday.