Re: sweetney + 2 NY trade ideas

I've been wondering what Danny was holding out for, especially since all of
the free agents have already declared. I think you are right on the money with
the Vin Baker idea. I think NY wants Walker but doesn't want Baker. Now that
Nestorvic has signed with the Spurs, maybe they will make the deal. However, I
think it is Walker and Baker for Ward, Thomas and McDyess. The trade works per
Real GM. I believe it will still work with Frank Williams included or we
could use our trade exception but I think Danny wouldn't want the salary. Would we
get any no. 1s or be happy that we would have cap space -- we would be about
10 million under the cap, the real cap, not the luxury cap.

Further reason why this could be what Danny is thinking. We haven't heard one
word about Danny talking about anyone other than the Karl Malone deal. He
isn't spending one cent on anyone.

Also, the Knicks we interested in Baker at the trade deadline a year and a
half ago. They have no one inside and no hope. Baker would look better at center
than Kurt Thomas.....

DJessen33

New York trades:  Antonio McDyess ( ppg, rpg, apg in minutes)
  PG Charlie Ward (7.2 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 22.2 minutes)
  C Kurt Thomas (14.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.8 minutes)
New York receives:  PF Vin Baker (5.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.6 apg in 18.1 minutes)
  PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +4.1 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

Boston trades:  PF Vin Baker (5.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.6 apg in 18.1 minutes)
  PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)
Boston receives:  Antonio McDyess ( ppg, rpg, apg in games)
  PG Charlie Ward (7.2 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 66 games)
  C Kurt Thomas (14.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 81 games)
Change in team outlook: -4.1 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED