Fw: PC run amok

Your forgot my favorite lawyer   Jackie Childs from Seinfeld!!!!

Troy

----- Original Message -----
From: <PScottman@xxxxxxx>
To: <Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 3:15 PM
Subject: PC run amok

> Since Jason Kidd can dictate who he wants to coach and feels he's done so
much to deserve whatever he wants, and Walter McCarty feels the Celtics have
so disrespected him with their offer of the minimum after years of paying
him well above that to be on the IR, and because I didn't win the Powerball
last night I've decided if you can't beat em - join em. My idea is simple
and I guarantee it will work - after all this is an entitlement culture so
I'm gonna get mine while I can.
> I was a 2nd team college All-American in my senior year as a Volleyball
Player. I've decided that I'm going to sue the NCAA because of their racist
program.  Yes, racist. Pure and simple the term "All-American" is an
insensitive, racist, unicultural term that pigeonholes me and has created
such personal and professional pain and suffering since 1992 that my ability
to make money playing volleyball (which could have been well into the
millions by now) has been nullified.  I am 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scottish, 1/4
Italian and 15/16 a bunch of other cultures including American Indian. The
NCAA deliberately and knowingly printed "All-American" on that parchment all
those years ago - not "All-
IrishScottishItalianOtherCulturalbackgroundincludingAmericanIndian" like
they should have. I am psychologically scarred. I am on the phone with
Johnny Cochrane, F. Lee Bailey, and Alan Dershowitz right now to begin to
correct this heinous sin and demand immediate reparations for the sum of
$300 mil!
>  lion. I have other witnesses - my teammate Costas - 1st team All-American
his Junior and Senior years - he's from Greece! The nerve of the NCAA daring
to presume he would be satisfied and fulfilled being labelled so harshly.
So please I would appreciate your indulgence in supporting my quest.  It is
appreciated.
> (The above post is purely 100% fiction, save the "All-American my senior
year in volleyball" part. I apologize for the overlong post, but this
posturing by these "athletes" mirrors so much of what is wrong with society
as a whole - "I want something for nothing and I want it all up front -
performance and hard work be damned". I hope you found this either thought
provoking or humourous - cuz you may laugh now - this lawsuit is gonna
happen soon I guarantee somebody will try it if they haven't already. Thanks
for your indulgence.)