Re: Watching the Nets

At 10:36 AM 7/10/2003 -0400, Berry, Mark S wrote:
The Nets are about to have a boom-or-bust offseason.

I don't like what Jason Kidd allegedly is trying to do to Byron Scott. I
can't stand that kind of stuff. At the same time, I think Byron Scott is an
average-at-best coach who benefited greatly from Eddie Jordan, who installed
the Princeton offense as Scott's assistant. Scott did a nice job with
putting the team together and setting a tone and philosophy, but he's a
terrible game coach.

Dead on. One of the things I really noticed at Nets games the past couple of years was how Byron was pretty much never part of the huddle at time outs etc during the game. Always just his assistants working with the players, while Byron stalked around showing off his suit and chatting to the refs or people at the scorers' table. Which seems a step overboard on the delegation thing for a serious coach...

And I agree on Kidd, although in fairness, this is another 'reported by team sources' which isn't exactly from the horse's mouth guarantee of accuracy about what he really said
Kim