Re: I Love...who??

Yep. If Ainge had landed the Mailman, he would have had the freedom to deal
Antoine for a swingman or some other position. As it is, unless he signs an
adequate power forward, any trade has to return a power forward. There
aren't any options on the roster. That's why the talks with NY turned to
Kurt Thomas and why any ongoing or future talks must return at least a
passable power forward.

I was intrigued by the story today of Darius Miles' new buff physique.
Apparently, he was very impressive in Cleveland's summer league game last
night and some observers believe he's bulking up to play power forward.
Considering the Celts' previous interest, and his relatively cheap pricetag,
I wonder if he might be an option for that young power forward replacement.
Something to think about.

Mark

Egg wrote:

Chapter Two has yet to be written.  Had Malone been susceptible to
Danny's blandishments, we might well now be anticipating a lineup
of Malone, Pierce, Battie, Sprewell, and Banks.