Re: No Love from Wal-TUH!

Snip...
``I just don't think that for what I've done for the team and for the
community I should be in this position where they'll only talk about the
minimum,'' McCarty said. ``I feel like it's an insult. I think I'm worth
more
to this team on and off the court. I would think the way I played last year
would have shown them what I was worth, but I guess not.''

After coming in for the minimum last summer ($762,435), McCarty said he's
already taken one for the team.

``I took the hit on my contract last year to stay here,'' he said, ``but I'm
not going to get screwed this year.

***************************
I guess him "screwing" the team the 3 previous years when he should have
worn a mask as he collected his check doesn't count.  In his time in Boston
he has still collected more money then he has earned.

He has started a music for kids charity which is decent of him.

But basketball wise, they rescued him off the bench in NY where he may have
quickly ended his career without that trade and put up with his "I didn't
pick up a basketball all summer" off season conditioning programs each year.

But hey, take the Min from someone else and don't let the door hit you in
the fanny on the way out of town.

<Jim