Walker

> .
>
> I've said this many times in the past and it bears repeating: Pierce walks
> on
> water while Antoine is the regarded as the bastard stepchild. A definite
> double standard exists when it comes to the two even though the Antoine
> bashers
> will insist that is not so. Yet the same fans who vilify Antoine as a
> general
> rule rarely, if ever, acknowledge Pierce's shortcomings.  (I'm not directing
>
> that last comment specifically to Mark, either.) Go figure.

Yeah..you keep on saying this..
But your not paying enough attention to the responses.

In brief.. Paul Pierce is an ideal shooting guard.

1) He scores efficently..compared to Walker because he gets to the line more
then anyone in the NBA. Walker rarely gets to the line.

2) In addition Pierce is a better shooter and has a better touch from
midrange. If that wasn't enough PP goes above and beyond the roles of a normal
shooting guard. He rebounds very well for his position and passes fairly well.

3) He can defend the small forward position and guard positions pretty well..

If you want to claim their is a double standard please tell us WHAT the
"shortcomings" of Pierce's game are? My guess is that Kobe and McGrady will have
similiar shortcomings...LOL.

Walker on the other hand is about as far from prototype PF as you can get.
PF do three basic things at the NBA level..

1) They score efficently (Elton Brand, CWebb, Kevin Mchale)
2) They provide an "interior presence" on the defense end (blocking shots and
blocking people out of the paint)
3) They provide a post up threat.

Twan is a tweener...he has the body of a SF and the speed of PF..
Now lets examine how Twan does with regards to being a PF.

1) He CANT score efficently like Pierce. He doesn't shoot well from the
outside or from the line. In addition he can't post up real PF for easy inside
shots. And he doesn't run well enough to do damage on the break. With his long
range clangs he sets up fast breaking teams like NJ..

2) He doesn't provide an "interior prescence" having only average PF strength
and little length he can't truly defend most PF that well.  So he isn't an
interior prescence either.

3) As stated above he doesn't post up well..due to attitude and physical
attributes..

Now Twan is frequently called a "leader and a winner" but he never lead
anyone anywhere before Pierce arrived with the Celtics. If DA trades Walker for say
Stromile Swift and Battie the Celts will still win 44+ games. Watch and
learn..

Don't get the idea that I think Twan is all around terrible..he has an
interesting game and its fun to watch when he is "on." He can outquick some PF and
can sometimes shoot his team to victory. More often the not he does not..as in
the Jersey series.
But his value is VASTLY overrated by some in this list..including you. PP and
AW aren't even in the same stratosphere talent wise. PP is in the top ten in
the GAME...AW isn't even close to that level. He isn't even top ten at his
position.

Pete