re: Cooke

Not that we have room for Cooke or would make room even if he looked like the second coming of Bernard King this summer, but this is interesting.  We have expressed a need for a third scorer and that's what this kid is, evidently inside as well as out for a 6' 6" wing.  I've read about him but can't recall if he's had drug or violence issues--both are hard to beat during the NBA years.  But I'm anxious to see how he will do; he seems to be a project if he's smart, a sad case if he's not.  (Again, I sure wouldn't pair him against LeBron; let their matchup be incidental).  If LeBron is tried at the point, let Banks go after him.

Still, here's a changed ballclub:  Battie, Blount, Perkins at center.  Walker, Williams, Hunter at muscle forward.  Brown and Cooke (plus Ewill) at wing forward.  Pierce and Delk at shooting guard.  Banks and Bremer at point guard.  That's twelve, leaving room for Sundov if we're too cheap to buy him out, Walter, or ?.  More muscle, more speed, more scoring umph!  Cheers, Gene