Re: The buck stops here

They both share the fault.

Wallace for not being willing to bring the team back roughly as was - minus Rogers and say my hands were tied. He tried to be the good company man and compounded that with amazingly stupid basketball decision in taking on Baker and crippling us cap wise for the future.

Gaston is guilty exactly as BSG said he was - he wanted the short term savings of keeping the payroll under x as he was prepping for the sale.

Tammo29@AOL.com wrote:

Obviously we can now stop blaming Gaston for the Baker trade.
<A HREF="http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/celtics/cs01302003.htm";>http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/celtics/cs01302003.htm</A>:

*****But, while acknowledging there are risks to any deal, Wallace is standing his ground. And he isn't passing the buck on the trade to Paul Gaston.

``No, he didn't make this deal,'' said Wallace.

Gaston, the now-former owner, told Wallace only that he couldn't go over the veteran minimum to re-sign Rodney Rogers. Further, if Gaston were trying to make a sale more palatable, the Baker deal is the last he would have wanted because it loads the Celtic payroll for three more years after this.*****