Re: leave it to obie

At 08:33 AM 1/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:

I know. What a hypocritical control freak. I just don't understand this guy's approach to coaching. Now Pierce will probably have a chip on his shoulder. If he does, I don't blame him.
As you may recall, Obie got crucified on this list for Pot's season-ending injury, suffered when he played V in a meaningless game just before the playoffs. And Pot isn't exactly Paul Pierce. It seems like Obie is in a no-win situation in this case - if he leaves Paul in to get his PR in a game that's essentially over, he gets crucified for risking an injury to his best player unnecessarily. (Lots of people on this list complain that he leaves Toine and Paul in for too long as it is.) If he doesn't....well, here's where you guys come in. Sure, it would've been fun if he'd scored 50, but, on the other hand, it would seem somehow not real coming against the Nugs. It's like he got them against the ball boys or something. You'd have to put an asterisk next to it, e.g, *NOTE: this record was established against the Nuggets.

Kestas

PS I actually liked this Andersen kid. He crashes the boards like Dennis Rodman (alas, shoots just about as well). Denver has an overbundance of big guys and is woefully short on guards. Maybe they'd have a use for Shammond (and his expiring contract) in exchange for a couple of minimum wage active bodies? They need some scoring (an understatement of the year) and Sham can provide that if he ever gets out of his funk. Of course, knowing Wallace, he'd engineer a trade for Vinnie Howard or Pervis Camby.

PPS Speaking of Wallace's prized acquisitiions, Baker's combined number of turnovers and fouls (7) exceed his combined point, rebounds, steals and blocks (6), with 0 rebounds in 14 minutes. Nice stepping up.
And what do you guys think of this lawsuit against Vinnie by a guy who says he's the one who found the dupes (i.e., us) to take Vinnie? I think he's worth what he's asking for, except he should be suing the Supersonics :)