Re: [Celtics' Stuff Baker and possible trade

Folks keep mentioning using our pick and the Phili pick in a trade this
year.  Since we traded our 1st round pick last year, aren't we restricted
from trading our own 1st round pick this year?  I thought you couldn't trade
your own 1st round pick away two years in a row.

I think Mohammed is an interesting player as is Terry.  I'm not sure we
could sign Terry though based on Cap issues.  We might be able to add
Mohammed though.
<Jim

In a message dated 1/15/2003 8:11:43 AM Central Standard Time,
ojai_ramos@yahoo.com writes:

>  What about Nazr Mohammed? He has career averages of aroung 6ppg and 5
> rpg in 17 mpg. And he can be had for cheap. Not a savior but in my
> opinion we could really use that extra 6 and 5. LOL.
>
> I also like Marcus Fizer. He's still on his rookie contract so
> probably can't be making that much. Also Krause sure does love those
> number one picks. He's a tweener like "Toine but a SF with PF game
> rather than the other way around. If we can snag him for SWill, and
> both picks, why not? We don't need another rookie at this point.

I thought the Nazi idea was a great one before the Hawk game and after
seeing
him play in that one, I like him even more. A Shammond and EWill for Nazi
and
Jason Terry works salary-wise. That could help us out in two places, Battie
and Walker backup in Nazi  and scorer off the bench in Terry. We would have
to throw in one or two no. 1s I suppose. The Hawks could be looking to blow
it up and get a couple of draft picks with an expiring contract would be a
start. Kedrick would replace EWill.Terry is going to be a restricted free
agent.

I have always liked Fizer and we possibly could have had a chance getting
him
or Sprewell earlier this year on the cheap. Now both players are playing
well
and won't be available to us....

Baker looked like a total buffoon tonight in the first quarter when he
turned
around after a missed shot and started heading up the court. The carom
almost
hit him in the rear end and would have if a hustling EWill didn't swoop in
and grab it. If you designated rebounder isn't even keeping track of the
ball
until it is in the opponents hands, you got a motivation problem....I don't
what it is with Baker but he looks worse every time he plays. I have never
seen a guy fall down so many times, like he has bad wheels or something. He
needs some agility drills or something. I am starting to call him the
Tinman,
strong of body, pinned joints that are often creaky and of course the
sensitive heart. Obie has three years to figure out how to loosen him up...

DJessen33

DJessen33