Re: Bremer's Offensive Explosion

I would expect you to say this but I disagree. Bremer was getting his shots
on quick recognition of shot opportunties that come during the game except
for two of the baskets which came when he curled on a double pick. This isn't
a defensive issue. He is not is getting his points on isolation drives to the
basket where it would depend on the defense. He may go cold but should get
his shot back being a bigtime scorer in college. They may guard him tighter
and try to force him to drive but that should open things up for PP and
Walker. Bremer doesn't have the physical ability of Wagner. He is what he is,
a David Wesley type like I have mentioned before. I think he will be a little
better shooter than Wesley but maybe not quite the physical defense or
finisher. A little more quickness than Wesley but Wesley is a great
comparison, IMO...The one major error that Bremer has made two games in a
row, although you can't expect him to do any less being a rookie and playing
within this offense, is to not be aggressive and take a shot at crunch time.
With a 83 seconds left, Bremer broke free on a pick and roll with Walker and
drove to the free throw line. He had a wide open shot at the free throw line
and passed the ball to a wide open Kedrick at the three for a clanger. BREMER
HAS TO TAKE THE SHOT. I hope that Bremer's fundamentals haven't been damaged
by Obie's offense....

DJessen33

<< Reminds me of the early play of  Dajuan Wagner. He was going great guns
 until
 NBA scouts compleated their profile of him.   Same thing with the much
 less
 talented Bremer. Opposing teams, because Bremer has played so little,
 don't know
 how to defend him just yet. But the adjustments will be made as his
 tendencies and
 flaws are learned. So, while it's nice to see some offense resound from
 an
 unexpected source, don't get carried away with Bremer's early
 production.
 Ray >>