Bremer showed just how much we have been missing a real point guard

I am so encouraged. We finally have some hope for growth, both in the team
and the coaching.

All in all, a much improved coaching job by Obie. My only complaint is that
PP (30 sec) and Walker (0) didn't get any rest in the second half and were
exhausted by the end. JR Bremer was also exhausted, getting extensive minutes
he is not used to. I can't fault him too much this time because PP was hot
and he was going with an inexperienced Bremer and Kedrick....

Obie made excellent substitutions throughout the game otherwise, going 11
deep. The key was the prime time play for Bremer whom I have mentioned that I
loved his pesky defense. It is funny how one guy's play and intensity can
change the Celtic's game, I guess because that guy is at the spearhead
position and on their playmaker. I don't have to see anymore (he did the same
thing in the Griz game). It is should be obvious to all that Bremer should be
playing major minutes for this team in absence of any other real player of
point guard  caliber. The other thing I need to point out is how Bremer lead
PP with the pass on his curl on more than one occasion. We haven't seen that
since last year with Kenny. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how SWill
doesn't have the natural instincts. I don't know how good JR can be but he is
showing just how much we have been missing a real point guard...

Obie finishing with JR and Kedrick, unbelievable. We finally had some
athletes on the floor, guys that have the physical ability to make some
plays. The problem is that that team doesn't know how to score at crunch
time. (You could say the same thing about the Cs since the ECFs). You should
be able to get on your studs backs and let them make the plays to win but the
Spurs were collasping so hard on PP and he is the only real option. I would
have liked to go to Bremer after the repeated PP trys and let him play the
two man game with Walker with PP the guy to kick it out to. Still, it was a
great learning situtation for the kids. I just hoped Obie learned a few
things....

 We have to get a third option on the floor and I'm not talking a spot up
shooter. We need one more guy that can create a shot for himself. Maybe this
is Bremer. Walker can't create his own shot at crunch time unless it is a
three or junk. He just doesn't have the physical ability. However, he can be
very effective off the ball on the boards so he is one of three main guys. PP
(your no. 1 guy) can do it all but not  for 5 minutes straight like we asked
him to do tonight. One more guy who can create his own shot......like a point
guard.....maybe Bremer.......hmmmm.....Kedrick and Battie would be in there
for their defense and rebounding. Sounds like a winner to me....

Now that we know that Bremer can play and probably should be starting, I
would like them to consider trading SWill (future free agent) and a no 1 and
Sundog if we need the salary and try to get another player to upgrade for the
playoffs....

Also, with Kedrick's and Bremer's play tonight, score one for Wallace and for
Obie's smart pills...

DJessen33