Re: Clueless C's Owners Plan

I also was worried by the pledge that Wallace and
Papule will be here "beyond their current contracts,"
but I agree that the new owners are probably not
wanting to start a mini-controversy and possible
distraction in their first interview by being
noncommittal about contract extensions. On the other
hand, you hope Wallace and Leo don't go getting
complacent now; if there's anybody who should hear
footsteps, it's those two, IMO.

Other things I took from that interview:

* maybe I'm fixating here, but when the owners talked
about wanting to add "character guys" and "warriors" I
again thought about Vin Baker, who doesn't seem to
embody either of those qualities (except that he
probably could play *for* the Warriors). DJessen, I'll
hope you're right that Baker will suddenly and somehow
blossom in the playoffs. And it wouldn't kill O'Brien,
with the team struggling, to figure out if there's a
better way to utilize his $51 million, 7-foot
albatross ... who, like it or not, is still the team's
only low-post scorer.

* I was heartened to hear Grouse Wycbeck say the team
would add dancers "over my wife's dead body." As the
Red Sox build seats atop the Green Monster, it's nice
to know some sense of tradition lives on.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com