Re: Eagle Tribune: Time For Larry Legend

Circumstances have changed. FWIW, I believe Larry Bird
would return to Boston with the right
overtures/incentives.

Larry is not going to stay retired forever at 40
something. He's too competitive to end his professional
life now. And I believe he has a faith in his ability to
build a team.

Given how much Larry's other options have closed up, I
would be very critical of Wyc and Co. if they didn't at
least try to discern what he wants. An ownership share?
They could use the money.

If instead, Larry just wants to hang around all day
playing golf and drinking beers, then I've seriously
misjudged Bird's innate character.

And if Wyc thinks he and his B-school homies can run this
team better than Larry Bird...well let's just say that's
a very pessimistic take on his intelligence.

The only truly negative impediment about the Celtics
roster is Vin Baker's contract. But c'mon.

I bet Larry could coax productive enough play out of Vin
Baker: at least enough to make him tradeable in a season
or two.

Just talk to him, I say.

I'm not sure the Belkin group will see any new franchises
for sale in the near future. But I am pretty sure some
team will talk to Bird about taking over their front
office (probably in some sunny locale), if the Celtics
fail to step up to the plate.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?