Tony Battie Me Not

The sad truth about Tony Battie is that he's provided
the Celtics with exactly one quality season.
Otherwise his years with the team have been pockmarked by the
two I's: Injury and Ineffectiveness.

But I don't blame Battie. As Popeye said, or maybe it was Curly from the

3 Stooges: "I Yam What I Yam", and Battie: is what he is. It's
management's
fault for foolishly relying on such an incomplete player and failing to
address
the Celtics Big Man needs. Lottery picks have been aplenty, misuse of
them,
even more plentiful.
Ray